Thursday 18 March 2010

CD review, Sep 08. Now Or Never – Now Or Never CD (Cock Suck Records)

Well this is all pleasant enough; a Japanese five-piece specializing in a fun, happy sounding take on just about every style of pop-punk the States has brought out in the last 15 years. It’s all early Epitaph style catchy ditties; nice, fast and musically proficient. Unfortunately unless you’re a big fan of the style, I can’t see many reasons to want to spin this more than a few times. It’s got a nice clear production but as I’m not a big fan of the style I might just go and put Spermbirds on instead. For my sins I just never got Bad Religion. It’s a little too jokey for me in parts, the sea shanty tune for instance. Comes with the territory perhaps. I’d go see them live as these 18 minutes suggest they’d be a blast live, but I could only recommend the music to fans of the genre.

No comments: