Thursday 18 March 2010

CD review, Dec 08. ICH - You Won’t Like It (Self Released?)

Actually ICH, you’re mostly wrong! I do like this, at least I think I like what it stands for and I applaud the sentiment, playing and effort. I can’t help but think of them being some bastard child, nah, well brought up child of New Model Army, Crass and I don’t want to say it but Green Day? It’s well played, fast, spikey stuff with the usual social diatribes. I’m tempted to tackle these somewhat because what’s really the point in questioning the value of rebelliousness of ‘wannabe goths on the streets of Sudbury’? It’s for the kids man, that’s all. It’s teenage rebellion. Ain’t nothing much more to it if you play in a punk band. That said, I don’t necessarily disagree, I guess I think my view a little wider… and the ‘us and them’ vibe reminds of NMA but without the weight. Anyway, ICH are a cracking, catchy little punk band and if you like a bit of British Punk with an anarcho-tinge, check these out. If they play near me, I surely will too.

No comments: