Thursday 18 March 2010

CD review, Sep 08. Midnight Reign – Never Look Back (Hollywood RX Records)

Heh, this is a funny one! I don’t if these guys know who they sent this CD to, but they can’t really expect a straight faced complimentary review anywhere other than a glam rock magazine or from someone who’s just come out from under a rock. This is just a mashup of Bon Jovi, 80’s Cock Rock, Marilyn Manson and Korn style emotings. Basically, for me, it’s terrible! It’s all here; dodgy guitar solos, acoustic introductions, Yeah-Yeah choruses, breathy spoken passages, glam rock posturing, goth imagery… and a violinist. It’s all very L.A. and Crimson Glory-esque in parts. I’m sorry but I am laughing listening to this, it’s all just so heartfelt and serious. Guys, come on, you’re twenty years too late and five years short of being able to pull this stuff off with any believable conviction. I can only thank them for not being yet another screamo band.

No comments: