Thursday 18 March 2010

CD review, Oct 09. Limozine – El Presidente (Open Plan Records) CD

This is quite a funny little single in that the first track of the two sounds rather familiar to The Sex Pistols tracks Pretty Vacant and Problems. It’s funny that the Pistols aren’t mentioned in the biography with this single though The Ramones and The Stooges are. I guess a lot of young lo-fi indie punk rock bands start off sounding far too much like their elders and betters, youthful exuberance I suppose. Still, neither the first or second track sound to me like anything more than throwaway indie pub-punk. A full album might glean a little more character, but I doubt it. Limozine may entrance the NME and it’s ilk in a few years, but I never cared about Babyshambles and I likely won’t care about Limozine either. Good luck with it though.

No comments: