Thursday 18 March 2010

CD review, Dec 08. Nochaa - Tortured To Death (Self Released?)

Ooh, a young Welsh band, good stuff! Well, it’s more death metalcore at the end of the day, but it’s more of the faster, blasting variety and a little more grind pig squeal-esque vocals, so at least they have a heavier grindier vibe than your usual kiddie-Metal fodder. I’m a fan of utterly blood curdling biting vocals myself, think Anaal Nathrakh, so if you’re gonna go heavy, go all the way heavy (but not Bezerker!). This is a good start. Nochaa are very choppy and you can more than sense the Cannibal Corpse influence as well as the more established melodic Death Metal bands. I’m not going to diss em so whether or not they move into the heavy bastard with groove territory in future or sink into the metalcore mire, I’ll look forward to the next evolution of Nochaa. For now this is a respectable start and I hope these guys pick up the local following worthy of their obvious ability.

No comments: